Wednesday, March 17, 2010
01:30 PM - 02:30 PM
|Location: ||Imperial A|
In 2007, our private label credit card company was constrained by an outdated legacy environment and a culture that was not sufficiently “fact-based” or “data-driven.” To achieve strategic growth objectives, we needed to change and become more flexible, but were hampered by brittle, slow-changing systems and processes. Since then, we have discovered the power of MDM principles, and transformed ourselves into a “data-driven organization” which profits from our data assets, analytic processes, and information advantages.
Our progress is iterative, and ongoing, but each step has yielded lessons learned, business benefits unlocked, and improved agility as an organization. Today a Data Mart pilot is underway, deploying the skills of our “MDM Team” – a cross-functional body that understands and upholds MDM principles. The power and importance of MDM is understood by the whole Executive team and reinforced through departmental “Data Stewards” who are consistently involved in gaining and sharing MDM knowledge. In concert with CFNA’s overall IT strategy, the Data Mart pilot is the first of a multi-phase modernization process where each part of the system will be upgraded and leveraged for learning and profit.
In this session, we will explore how we:
- Changed our MDM “Mindset”: Went from oblivious to Master Data Management principles to embracing them
- Developed a Plan: With the help of Fitzgerald Analytics, developed a two-step MDM function development process based on 1) capabilities building and 2) a carefully selected modernization pilot
- Went Beyond IT: The keys we found to creating cross-functional collaboration on Master Data Management and getting Executive team buy-in
- Addressed “Bumps in the Road”: Challenges we’ve faced—and overcome—in applying MDM principles to transform our business
- Achieved Tangible Results: Developed more robust data assets that have driven millions of dollars in increased profit
The Director of Technology at Credit First National Association (CFNA), a Private Label Credit Card division of the Bridgestone Corporation, Art has been working in technology for over 20 years. In his work at CFNA he has spearheaded a multi-million dollar legacy modernization initiative.
A Harvard graduate in economics with more than twelve years experience in management consulting, Jaime is the founder and Managing Partner of Fitzgerald Analytics. Throughout his career, he has focused on customer profitability, science-based marketing, and business process improvement. He has advised market-leading commercial banks and credit card companies in the United States, Canada, and Singapore, combining analysis of customer profitability with hands-on implementation of technology and operations enhancements. Jaime’s specialties include master data management, applied strategic analytics, and maximizing the business value of corporate data assets.